James A. WelcomeFounder & Lead Attorney
Attorney James A. Welcome provides comprehensive legal advocacy for clients throughout Connecticut, with a focus on personal injury, workers' compensation, immigration law, and criminal law. He provides in-depth representation for those facing trials, arbitration, mediation, and appeals.
Focused Solely on Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation & Immigration
Attorney Welcome strongly believes that by concentrating his practice in just a few select areas of law, he will be able to provide the exceptional legal counsel that his clients deserve. With this specific concentration, he is able to stand before government agencies, large insurance companies and judges in court, both knowing and understanding the laws at hand. This is what separates James Welcome from small general practice offices and large one-stop shopping law firms.
- “Top 40 Under 40” lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Superb Rating on Avvo
- An established attorney for 17 years and now has offices throughout Connecticut in three locations including Waterbury, Danbury, and Norwalk
- Included in the list of Super Lawyers® for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Providing Personalized Representation
In order to provide this level of personalized professional representation to his clients, Attorney Welcome is unable to accept every case and must be selective with the cases that he accepts. James Welcome handles each case personally from beginning to end.
Serving All of Connecticut & New York
The Law Offices of James A. Welcome offers personal and professional services all over Connecticut, including the Waterbury, Danbury, Norwalk, and Stamford areas. He also covers the New York area and parts of Massachusetts. Attorney Welcome is committed to protecting the legal rights and needs of his clients in both the courtroom and throughout the process of negotiation.
Representation Available in Spanish & Portuguese
Attorney James A. Welcome and his staff are fluent in English, Portuguese and in Spanish.
In addition to practicing law, James is also a classic car and vintage truck enthusiast. James is the CEO of a local garage in Waterbury known as Naugatuck River Motors, www.naugatuckrivermotors.com, where they specialize in classic car and truck sales and repairs, motorcycle repair, truck and car rust prevention and oil undercoating to protect newer and older cars from the New England winters. You can often see Attorney Welcome with his children on the weekends at the park, at games and at local vintage car shows.
Attorney James Welcome is a past Vice Chairman of the Waterbury Housing Authority, a former Commissioner on the Waterbury Ethics Commission, a former member of the Board of Directors of the St. Vincent De Paul Mission of Waterbury and is a volunteer sports coach for Waterbury Police Activity League. James is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has been consistently voted a Super Lawyer by his peers from 2013 to the present.
- Personal injury including auto and motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, animal attacks, insurance claims, and slip and falls
- Workers’ compensation
- Immigration law, including deportation defense, green card applications, waivers and provisional waivers, citizenship, marriage sponsorships, family visas, political asylum, student, business, and work visas
- Criminal Arrests in Connecticut, including DUI, misdemeanors, and felonies