Attorney James A. Welcome Has a Message for You!
Over 15 Years' Experience in Delivering Results
Your American Dream is Just Around the Corner

Immigration Waivers

Trust Our Experienced Connecticut Immigration Attorneys

Have you been denied a visa to come to the United States? Don’t give up hope. Although the road ahead may have gotten a little more complex, there are still paths you can take to achieve your dream of coming to the United States. Especially in these circumstances, it is best to work with a skilled Connecticut immigration lawyer who can help guide you through your options.

Types of Waivers

There are many different types of waivers to address different circumstances and situations that individuals find themselves in. An experienced attorney can help you determine what waiver would best fit your needs.

The following is a sample of the most common types of waivers:

  • Waiver after prior removal
  • Waiver of unlawful presence
  • Waiver for crimes more than 15 years old
  • Waiver of crimes of moral turpitude
  • Waiver for non-immigrants

Do I Need a Waiver?

Many events may require you to obtain a waiver in order to enter or return to the U.S. Our staff can help you assess your situation so that you can reach a decision on whether or not you want to file.

Several reasons you may need to secure a waiver:

  • Removal or deportation from the United States
  • Staying past your visa expiration date and leaving the United States
  • Criminal charges or convictions

What is an I-601? What is the I-601A Waiver For?

The I-601 and I-601A waivers are for those who have accumulated unlawful presence in the U.S. Anyone under this circumstance is subject to a 3-year or 10-year bar from the U.S.

You have the choice of filing Form I-601 or the Form I-601A. Form I-601 is the Application for Waiver of Grounds of Admissibility. If you have a spouse, fiance, or parent who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful permanent resident who will experience “extreme” hardship if you are denied admission to the U.S., you are able to use this form. Unfortunately, you cannot use this form if you have a child who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.

Form I-601A or Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver may be used if you are already living in the U.S. and are eligible to request a provisional waiver before having your consular interview. If you are a spouse or child of permanent residents, or siblings of U.S. citizens, and adult and married children of U.S. citizens, you are able to use this waiver.

Se Habla Español. Call the Law Offices of James A. Welcome.

Before moving forward with any applications, get in touch with the team at the Law Offices of James A. Welcome. We are available on evenings and weekends or for phone appointments to discuss your case. We are committed to excellence and backed by years of experience.

Contact us today to learn more about your options. We serve clients worldwide from offices in Waterbury, Danbury, and Norwalk.

Let's Get Started Together

Fill Out the Form Below or Give Us a Call to Schedule Your Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.