Meriden, Connecticut Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are often marked by their devastating nature. A typical passenger car cannot withstand the forces exerted upon it by a large and heavy big rig. This results in serious and catastrophic injuries suffered by the occupants of the smaller car. At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we care about truck accident victims. Our Meriden truck accident lawyers can represent you in the pursuit of accountability and fair financial compensation for your wreck. Find out how we can help you during a free case consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We always put our clients first. We are known for our passion, expertise and commitment to client success. You will speak often with your lawyer throughout the claims process.
- Our law firm has acquired millions of dollars in positive case results for past clients, including many successful truck accident and car accident cases.
- We use a team approach to truck accident law. Our group of attorneys, assistants and paralegals bring together a wide range of skills and experience for optimal results.
What to Expect During a Truck Accident Case
Going up against a trucking company, its powerful insurance provider and aggressive legal team is not easy as an injured crash victim. A trucking company will do what it can to avoid financial responsibility (liability) for your accident. The best way to level the playing field is by hiring an attorney. A truck accident attorney will tell you what to expect during the claims process. Most truck accident cases in Meriden involve:
- Federal laws. Motor carriers must obey special federal rules and statutes, including truck driver hours-of-service restrictions, cargo loading requirements and fleet maintenance regulations.
- Special evidence. These cases often involve the truck’s black box, electronic logging devices, trucking company records, maintenance logs and other unique types of evidence.
- Catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one suffered life-altering injuries in a truck accident, the insurer is more likely to underestimate the value of your case.
- Wrongful death. Sadly, thousands of truck accidents each year are fatal. If a loved one passed away in a truck accident, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim in Connecticut.
With an experienced lawyer by your side, you will be prepared for unique case elements. Your lawyer can help you preserve and collect key evidence to support your injury claim. Your lawyer can also use proven legal strategies and a tailored approach to your case to give you the best chance of successfully holding someone accountable.
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents in Meriden
Determining the cause of your commercial truck accident is necessary in Connecticut, as it uses a fault-based insurance law. With this law, the party most at fault for the accident is who must pay for the damage. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Meriden are:
- Truck driver distraction
- Texting and driving
- Truck driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Following too closely
- Aggressive driving
- Blind spots
- Truck equipment malfunctions
- Tire blowouts
- Overloaded trucks
- Lost cargo loads
An attorney from the Law Offices of James A. Welcome can thoroughly investigate your truck accident to determine fault. Then, we can go up against the party or parties responsible for causing your crash in pursuit of maximum financial compensation for your bills and losses.
Speak to a Meriden Truck Accident Lawyer for Free Today
You are not alone as the victim of a truck accident in Connecticut. Our Meriden truck accident lawyers have experience representing clients after accidents involving 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, oversized loads, hazardous materials, and more. We know exactly what you need to get through this traumatic time and are ready to help you move forward. Request a free consultation with one of our attorneys today. Call (203) 753-7300 or contact us online anytime.