Milford, CT Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can be devastating for victims and surviving loved ones on multiple levels. If you’ve recently been injured in a commercial trucking accident in Milford or elsewhere in New Haven County, you may be owed financial compensation from a trucking company or another party. Our dedicated and experienced truck accident lawyers can help you recover. Request your free consultation at (203) 753-7300 today.
Why Hire the Law Offices of James A. Welcome?
- Our law firm has secured millions in legal settlements on behalf of automobile accident victims.
- We have decades of legal experience in truck accident law.
- We prioritize prompt interactions and open communication with our clients.
- Attorney Welcome puts his clients first in everything that his law firm does.
- Our lawyers can keep your stress to a minimum while securing optimal results on your behalf.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Truck accident cases come with many unique issues that can make it more difficult to recover fair compensation from an insurance provider. For example, trucking companies have to obey special federal laws for the safety of their trucks and drivers. These laws may apply to your case, such as if there is evidence that a trucking company cut corners to save time or money. A lawyer will know these laws and how to navigate them to your advantage.
A truck accident lawyer can also help you preserve and collect key evidence to support your injury case. For instance, the truck may have had a black box – an electronic data recorder that kept track of the trucker’s driving behaviors. Your lawyer can access this information, preserve important evidence and search for other ways to strengthen your case. You won’t have to worry about a trucking company or insurance carrier taking advantage of you with a lawyer by your side.
Liability for a Truck Accident in Connecticut
Truck accidents are often extremely dangerous for everyone involved. The size and weight of a truck make these collisions more harmful than most other types of traffic accidents in Connecticut. This makes it critical to protect your right to recover fair financial compensation as a victim. Holding someone liable, or financially accountable, for your commercial truck accident may take a comprehensive investigation of who or what caused the crash. The liable party may be:
- The truck driver. Truck drivers are often responsible for causing accidents by driving while distracted, under the influence or fatigued. They may also operate a big rig dangerously or break traffic laws, such as by speeding or following too closely.
- The trucking company. Trucking companies in Connecticut make many mistakes that increase crash risks, such as hiring unsafe or unqualified drivers, skipping training procedures, poorly loading cargo, and failing to properly maintain their fleet vehicles.
- A third party. In some cases, a third party is found to be at fault for a truck accident in Connecticut, such as the manufacturer of a defective truck part or the government for a road hazard.
Identifying the correct defendant(s) is an important part of the recovery process. A lawyer from the Law Offices of James A. Welcome can carefully evaluate your case to determine what caused the crash. We can work with experts and investigators to come to this determination. We will explore all available outlets for financial compensation on your behalf. Then, we can negotiate or litigate for the best possible case results.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review in Milford, Connecticut
If you were recently injured in a commercial truck accident in Milford, please contact us to request a free case review. We serve clients throughout Connecticut from three conveniently located law offices. Our attorneys understand the devastating nature of most collisions involving large trucks. We are here for you and your family when you need help the most. Discuss how we can assist you in more detail during a no-obligation consultation. Call (203) 753-7300 to speak to a truck accident lawyer today.