Attorney James A. Welcome provides comprehensive legal advocacy for clients throughout Connecticut, with a focus on personal injury, workers' compensation, immigration law, and criminal law. He provides in-depth representation for those facing trials, arbitration, mediation, and appeals.
Focused Solely on Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation & Immigration
Attorney Welcome strongly believes that by concentrating his practice in just a few select areas of law, he will be able to provide the exceptional legal counsel that his clients deserve. With this specific concentration, he is able to stand before government agencies, large insurance companies and judges in court, both knowing and understanding the laws at hand. This is what separates James Welcome from small general practice offices and large one-stop shopping law firms.
- "Top 40 Under 40" lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers Association
- "Excellent" legal rating on Avvo®
- Practicing law for a decade
- Included in the list of Super Lawyers® for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Providing Personalized Representation
In order to provide this level of personalized professional representation to his clients, Attorney Welcome is unable to accept every case and must be selective with the cases that he accepts. James Welcome handles each case personally from beginning to end.
Serving All of Connecticut and New York
The Law Offices of James A. Welcome offers personal and professional services all over Connecticut, including the Waterbury, Danbury, Norwalk, and Stamford areas. He also covers the New York area and parts of Massachusetts. Attorney Welcome is committed to protecting the legal rights and needs of his clients in both the courtroom and throughout the process of negotiation.
Representation Available in Spanish
Attorney James A. Welcome and his staff are fluent in English and in Spanish.
In addition to practicing law, James and his wife, Ana, spend time with their five children. James is an appointed Commissioner on the Waterbury Ethics Commission, a member of the Board of Directors of the St. Vincent De Paul Mission of Waterbury and is a volunteer sports coach for Waterbury Police Activity League. James is also a proud member of the Pontiac GTO Owners Association of America.
- Personal Injury: Auto and Motorcycle Accidents, Truck Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Animal Attacks, Insurance Claims, and Slip and Falls
- Workers’ Compensation
- Immigration Law: Deportation Defense, Green Card Applications, Waivers and Provisional Waivers, Citizenship, Marriage Sponsorships, Family Visas, Political Asylum, Student, Business and Work Visas
- Real Estate Law including closings and refinancing of residential homes
- Connecticut, 2004
- U.S. District Court Connecticut
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., 2004 Quinnipiac University School of Law
- M.P.A., 2000 University of Connecticut, Graduate School
- B.A., 1998 University of Connecticut
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Immigration Project
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Waterbury Bar Association