What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to the responsibility of property owners to provide safe conditions for visitors, workers and residents. Under premises liability laws, property owners can be held financially accountable for accidents and injuries that occur on their premises.
Not all accidents result in valid injury claims, but anyone who has suffered an injury on someone else's property would be well advised to look into their legal rights and options.
Financial compensation may be available for their considerable losses.
Types of Premise Liability Accidents
- Slip and Falls - Slip and falls can happen anywhere, at any time. Around the pool, in a hallway, kitchen, even a walkway.
- Negligent Security - Poor management or lack of security can result in chaotic and hazardous situations to spiral out of control. Poorly lit areas and a lack of security camera or security guards offers an opportunity for violence to occur, leading to potentially catastrophic results.
- Pool Accidents - Pools, spas and open areas of water can be deadly, especially with young children and those who are unable to swim. There is a huge number of drownings across the country and the entire world, many of which could be prevented with proper pool security measures.
- Dog Bites - Dogs can never be understood or read, whether a dog has had a history of violent behavior, or none at all, you can never know for sure if a dog can suddenly express violent behavior, possibly resulting in serious injury and or death. It is very important to receive the proper medical attention, care and treatments for dog bites.
- Poor or negligent Maintenance - Making sure establishments are kept up, cleaned and that the property is properly maintained.
If you have any questions about a possible claim contact our office at (203) 753-7300 or through the free contact us form.
Contact Attorney Welcome today!
For many years, the Law Offices of James A. Welcome has offered personalized and results-driven legal representation for injured individuals and families living in the New Haven, Fairfield, and surrounding counties with great results. We are confident in our abilities to help you too. We conduct a comprehensive investigation of your accident, and provide you with a sound and effective case strategy aimed to accomplish your case with a just outcome. You should not have to suffer any more on account of your accident, much less pay for the financial aftermath.