Will Attorney in Connectciut
Make sure you have your will put together the way you want it. We draft comprehensive wills designed to meet our clients’ needs. At The Law Offices of James A. Welcome, our standard package includes a will, designation of conservator, health care representative appointment, power of attorney, and a living will.
Benefits of Having a Will
- You can direct where you want your property to go. While there are default rules in the event someone dies without a will (called intestacy statutes), the default rules don’t work as well in cases of divorce, adoption, stepchildren, or if you do not want certain relatives to receive anything from your estate
- A will provides organization and direction to the people you love. They will have enough stress in their life upon your death without the unnecessary anxiety of a unorganized estate
- Once you create a plan, we can discuss whether it is wise to discuss it with your family to limit the chances of a surprise and possibly limit the chances for a will challenge
- A will allows you to appoint fiduciaries such as an executor, trustee, and guardian; these are people you trust to handle your affairs
- You can choose to forgive the bond requirement of these fiduciaries which may make sense when you trust certain people (i.e. spouse, adult children) to act in a capacity without posting a probate bond
- In the absence of a will, children are entitled to receive proceeds of an estate outright upon their 18th birthday. Most wills we create contain trust provisions to manage money for your children or grandchildren until an age you decide is right – perhaps 25, 30, or 35
Contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome for your Will Needs
We are proud to offer skilled representation to our clients. To help us learn more about your matter or how working with a trusted Connecticut Will lawyer from our team can help, contact our office today.
The Law Offices of James A. Welcome proudly serve all of Connecticut, including Torrington, Waterbury, Danbury, West Hartford, and Norwalk.