Stamford Personal Injury Attorney
You have rights as the injured victim of a preventable accident in Stamford, Connecticut. The attorneys at the Law Offices of James A. Welcome can help you understand and protect them during the recovery process. We are a committed and compassionate team of personal injury lawyers with almost 20 years of experience representing clients throughout Connecticut. We can help you get through what may be the most difficult and traumatic time of your life. Contact us today for a free consultation at our local law office.
Why Choose Our Stamford Personal Injury Lawyers?
- In every case, Attorney James A. Welcome and his team are driven by three core values: integrity, competency and trust. You can count on us to have your best interest in mind.
- We strive for maximum effectiveness with personalized legal services. We have secured millions in settlements on behalf of our personal injury clients.
- Every personal injury case that we accept is backed by a diverse team of attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants with a variety of skills and experience. We are ready and willing to help you.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a type of civil lawsuit that allows for the recovery of financial compensation for one or more damages suffered by a victim in an accident caused by negligence. Someone is negligent if he or she fails to use an appropriate amount of care. You may have grounds to file a personal injury claim in Connecticut if there is proof of the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. A legal or ethical responsibility to act with ordinary care.
- A breach of the duty of care. An act or omission that a prudent party would not have committed.
- Causation. A provable connection between the defendant’s actions and the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages. Losses that the plaintiff would not have suffered were it not for the defendant’s actions.
You or your lawyer generally must establish these four elements as true with at least a 50 percent certainty. This is accomplished using clear and convincing evidence, which you may need an attorney to help you collect.
Types of Cases We Accept at the Law Office of James A. Welcome
At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we have helped thousands of clients with various personal injury matters. We can accept all of the following types of cases, and more:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
We are highly skilled attorneys with personal injury law as one of our specialties. This gives us in-depth knowledge and experience in this practice area.
What Compensation Is Available?
The financial compensation that may be available to you during a personal injury case will depend on how the accident and injury have impacted your life. Successful settlements or judgment awards commonly pay for:
- Current and future foreseeable medical expenses
- Lost wages and capacity to earn a living
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Property damage repairs or the replacement of lost property
- Legal fees and out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages
Discuss the value of your specific personal injury case with one of our attorneys before accepting an insurance settlement. This is the best way to avoid accepting less than you deserve from an insurer that does not wish to maximize your financial recovery.
What Is the Deadline for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, you must file a personal injury claim within two years of the date of your accident or else risk the courts refusing to hear your case. Two years is Connecticut’s statute of limitations on most personal injury lawsuits. However, there are exceptions that could lengthen or shorten your filing window.
Injured in an Accident in Stamford? Contact Us Today for Assistance
The sooner you contact an attorney about a potential personal injury lawsuit, the faster you can resolve your claim and move forward with the justice, closure and compensation that you deserve. Please contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome today to request your free case consultation in Stamford, Connecticut. Call (203) 753-7300 to speak to an attorney.