Stamford Work Injuries Lawyer
If you experience an injury at work in Stamford, you may be entitled to financial compensation through one or more outlets. Working with an experienced workplace accident attorney in Connecticut can make your rights and legal options clear. At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we’ve been representing injured workers throughout Connecticut for almost two decades. We have what it takes to help you achieve maximum compensation for your serious injury or a loved one’s fatal work accident.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We’ve secured millions in legal settlements on behalf of our personal injury and workers’ compensation clients. We will keep your stress to a minimum while securing optimal results on your behalf.
- We use a team approach on work injury cases. Our diverse team of attorneys and assistants deliberately deliver a variety of skills and experience to strengthen a case.
- Thousands of loyal clients – including countless workers – have entrusted our firm with their injury cases. We offer personal and experienced representation for work injuries at affordable rates.
Common Types of Work Injuries in Stamford
You could suffer a serious work injury in many different settings and environments in Stamford. While some industries are more dangerous than others, such as construction and farming, even an office can have major injury risks. Common examples of injuries suffered by workers in Connecticut include:
- Bone fractures
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck and spine injuries
- Disk herniation
- Paralysis or nerve damage
- Electrocutions/electric shocks
- Severe burn injuries
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Occupational illnesses
- Repetitive motion injuries
These injuries may be caused by slip and fall accidents, ladder falls, struck-by falling objects, contact with equipment or machinery, defective products, and dangerous premises. If you need assistance determining the cause of your work injury, our injury lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation of the accident.
What Are Your Legal Options After a Workplace Accident in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, most employees are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. However, this might not be your only option for making a financial recovery for an occupational injury or illness. Another solution may be better suited for obtaining maximum financial compensation:
- Workers’ compensation claim. While this is often the simplest process, as it is a no-fault system, it limits the types of compensation available for workplace injuries. It also forfeits your right to file a negligence claim against your employer.
- Lawsuit against your employer. If you believe that your employer caused or contributed to your work injuries, a lawsuit might be in your best interest instead. A personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit could result in greater financial compensation, including an award for pain and suffering.
- Workers’ comp and a third-party lawsuit. While you cannot sue your employer after accepting a workers’ comp settlement, you may be able to file both types of claims if your case involves the fault of a third party, such as a contractor or product manufacturer.
It is important to discuss your rights with an attorney in Stamford before signing anything or accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company. A lawyer will have your best interest in mind and advice that you can trust. Your lawyer will explore all of your options for financial recovery and select the right way forward for your specific case goals.
Speak to a Stamford Work Injuries Lawyer for Free Today
If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a harmful workplace accident in Stamford, Connecticut or the surrounding area, contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome to request a free case consultation. Our local work injuries lawyers understand the laws involved in these cases and will stand by you throughout the claims process. We care about injured workers in our community and will go the extra mile to ensure a fair financial recovery. Please call (203) 753-7300 today to schedule a case review.