Connecticut Denied Workers’ Compensation Benefits Lawyer
When you have been seriously injured on the job, you want to make sure that you are receiving the compensation you deserve. At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we understand that this time in your life may be difficult, but with the guidance of an attorney, you could receive the benefits you need. If you are one of the many people who has been denied workers’ compensation benefits, it is important to know that you are not alone. At our office, we can assist you in determining what went wrong with your initial filing and help you appeal the denial. If you have been denied benefits, contact a Connecticut workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm right away.
If you have been denied benefits, it is absolutely essential that you first speak with an attorney. The workers’ compensation process can be difficult to understand and without the assistance of the right attorney, you could find yourself facing another denial.
If you have been denied, we suggest that you:
- Contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome. The sooner you retain the representation of our firm, the sooner we can begin to help determine why your claim was denied.
- Receive all documents from your doctor, including diagnosis, treatment and any initial test results that may have been taken.
- Attend all hearings regarding your denied benefits. You can have your attorney present alongside you during these hearings.
Why Was My Workers’ Comp Claim Denied?
There are a variety of reasons why claims can be denied, even for injuries and accidents that would otherwise deem you eligible.
While no two cases are ever the same, denied benefits can come as a product of:
- Trying to receive benefits for a non-work related injury or illness
- The injury was treated by a physician who is not an approved provider
- The injury or accident occurred when you were traveling to or from work
- You waited longer than the allotted time necessary to apply for benefits
- You did not seek medical treatment immediately
- Recklessness, illegal behavior or intoxication on your behalf caused the accident
- Complications or human error with the paperwork during the claim process
Contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome
After a denied claim, it is important that you speak with an attorney from the Law Offices of James A. Welcome right away. We are proud to offer skilled representation to our clients and we strive to appeal any denials they may be facing.
To learn more about your situation or how working with a trusted Waterbury workers’ compensation lawyer from our team can help, contact our office today.
The Law Offices of James A. Welcome proudly serves New Haven County and all of Connecticut, including Waterbury, Danbury, and Norwalk.